Since learning about nutrition and how vital it is to maintaining a health lifestyle, I've made it one of my top priorities to keep my mornings stress free, lighthearted, and packed with a big boost of energy through #REAL food. There's no better way to start your day than with a quick, nutritious, and protein packed breakfast.
I've recently become addicted to omelettes. No joke. They are so versatile and can be as simple as seasoned with just pink himalaya sea salt + pepper—to PACKED with everything in my refrigerator. You name it, you can add it.
HOLD UP, wait a minute. Don't even dare ask me, "how am i supposed to make an omelet, in the morning, while I have a million and four other things to do?" I GOTCHU'. This will literally take you less that 10 minutes, give or take. The key to making a bomb AF omelet is having #everything already prepped and waiting for you in the fridge. #YASSS
LET'S GET TO IT. PS, all of the vegetables below have been previously steamed and ARE ready + waiting in the 'fridge for mornings like today! HAPPY HAPPY THURSDAY BEAUTIFUL BABES.
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup purple cauliflower
- 1/4 cup yellow cauliflower
- 1/4 cup brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup chicken sausage
- 1 handful kale, rough chop
- 1/4 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 egg + 3 egg whites
- 1 pinch of pink himalayan sea salt + pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon The Gourmet Collection roasted garlic + red bell pepper spice blend
I N S T R U C T I O N S
- In a small sauté pan, over medium-heat, sauté cauliflower, brussels sprouts, and quinoa in coconut oil until you start to hear the vegetables sizzle. Lower the heat, add kale, and allow to cook for 1 more minutes spacing everything out evenly in the pan.
- In the meantime, whisk 1 egg + 3 egg whites in a bowl together—season with salt, pepper, turmeric, and the spice blend.
- Pour the seasoned egg mixture over all of your veggies ensuring you cover the entire pan.
- Cover the sauté pan and allow the omelette to cook for ~3 minutes, or until fluffy and the edges start to brown.
- Top with a little fresh sliced avocado, chopped pistachio, or whatever else you please!