ANTIOXIDANT SALAD IN 5 MINUTES
Quinoa is so versatile that it has me in the palm of its hands, FOR-EV-ER.
This salad bowl is packed with REAL and simple ingredients that are typically [at least in my house] always just hangin' in the refrigerator. Being able to create dishes within just a few minutes with minimal ingredients, but PACKED with flavor and nutrients is something that we all need.
Quinoa is packed with a powerful protein content that provides all 9 essential amino acids that enhances strength, promotes ageless skin, and repairs daily nail and hair damage. Quinoa is loaded with body beauty building minerals like zinc, folate, copper, potassium, magnesium, iron, manganese, and phosphorus. Quinoa includes a molecules called flavonoids—a diverse group of phytonutrient found in almost all fruits and vegetables. Flavonoids are powerful antioxidants that obtain high anti-inflammatory properties and immune system benefits through cell signaling and antioxidant effects. Quinoa provides essential vitamins, minerals, and fiber to help regulate the digestive system and keep you more full longer.
Not only is quinoa a star player in this dish, but with the addition of blueberries and spinach—we're talking NEXT LEVEL upgrade. MAJOR KEY ALERT. Rallying up a crowd like this for a mid-day lunch and this bowl will have you feeling on top of the world.
Talk about a powerhouse, #OHYES. I am obsessed with quinoa—I practically add it to every single thing you can think of. Today, I'm making a quick and easy 10 ingredient salad that takes only a few steps 😅 here's how we do it:
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1/3 cup quinoa
- 1-1 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic herbs de providence spice blend
- 1 tablespoons The Gourmet Collection roasted garlic + red bell pepper spice blend
- 1 hefty handful of Organic Girl baby spinach
- 1/4 cup organic carrot, grated
- 1/3 cup frozen organic blueberries
- 1/4 cup Siggi’s Dairy plain filmjölk, drinkable yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Nutiva coconut oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/2 lime, juiced
I N S T R U C T I O N S
- Combine quinoa + water into a medium pot, over medium heat, and bring to boil—if you don't already have cooked quinoa on hand.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender + all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Let quinoa cool—this all will take about 5-7 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl—add quinoa, spices, baby spinach, shredded carrot, organic blueberries + toss!
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, combine Siggi's, coconut oil, lemon and lime juice and whisk all ingredients until fully incorporated.
- Add dressing into quinoa mixture and combine.
- DO IT, enjoy it + eat up!