DIY: The GloW Up Facial
We all need a little pampering, so why not pamper yo'self?!
Facials can change your life. It's so important to take care of your skin [health is your wealth!]. The "glo up" is real babes and this bentonite DIY clay mask will totally give you that G L O W.
Shine baby SHINE!
What is Bentonite Clay?
Bentonite clay is a mineral-rich substance formed from volcanic ash. It’s been used for centuries to promote health and prevent disease because of its unique ability to produce an electrical charge when hydrated.
Bentonite clay carries a strong negative charge. When applied to the skin, it bonds to things with a positive charge, like bacteria and other impurities. Think of it like a magnet, pulling in all bacteria, heavy metals and toxins right in like a sponge!
To make this mask EVEN MORE BOMB, I like to double up the antibacterial properties by adding apple cider vinegar to my face masks. Apple cider vinegar [ACV] is simply the by-product of the fermentation of apples. Apples are loaded with potassium, pectin, malice acid, calcium, and the fermentation process fortifies the end product with even more beneficial acids and enzymes! How cool is that!?
- 100% all-natural. Reduces acne scars, shrinks pores, and tightens skin!
- Bentonite clay is also known to help skin irritations such as eczema, mosquito bites, and poison ivy.
DIY: [IMPORTANT NOTE: Mix ingredients together using non-metal utensils!]
- Mix bentonite clay [you can order by clicking here] with equal parts of apple cider vinegar [ACV] and water until it forms a smooth paste. Add more clay or liquid if needed.
- Apply mixture to your face and neck.
- Let mask dryfor 7-10 minutes for sensitive skin and 15-25 minutes for normal skin. You will fill a tightening sensation [ best FEELING E.V.E.R.] but have no fear, the glo up is in full effect.
- Remove mask with warm water. After, apply coconut oil or jojoba oil to moisturize your face. [If you see a bit of redness, no worries, it's totally normal and will disappear within 20 minutes of removal.]
Get this, you can even use the bentonite clay mask for a spot pimple treatment [bye felicia!].I hope you enjoy this mask as much as I do!
Are you ready for this facial "glo up"? We would love to hear your feedback. Comment below and let us know if you're going to try this bentonite clay facial DIY. Tag us in photos, @codiecabral + @bluhazl, we would love to see your GLO UP!
Peace + Love, Codie