CHICKPEA + AVO SMASH DIP
WHO'S GEARING UP FOR THE SUPERBOWL AND PREPARING ALL OF THOSE DIPS, WINGS, BEER, CHIPS, LOADED NACHOS, AND EVERYTHING ELSE IN BETWEEN THIS WEEKEND?
This might sound alarming, but for as long as I've played sports I've never been the one to watch sports on the television. Weird. I know. So when big weekends like the Superbowl, NBA Finals, or such events take place—I'm just along for the food ride. No joke. I just, I don't know why, but I only ever enjoyed going to games or watching sports if my brothers and sisters were playing because they were BEASTS and made it SO. DANG. EXCITING. to watch. Plus, isn't it always more fun to say, "HEY, did you see my little brother score his fourth touchdown? YUP, that's like Rolle-work! Or, "HEY, did you see my sister cross that chick up and then drain a 3-pointer right in her face. Wow. That's my blood. #YASGIRLYAS."
I may be biased (110%) but that doesn't mean I can't indulge in the glorious food spreads for the whole weekend, right?
We're getting down with a healthy protein and a healthy fat dip that's packed with nutrient dense add-in's like kale, turmeric, chia seeds, and avocado oil. YES. Don't fret my friends, I'm not about to let a festive weekend knock me off my healthy lifestyle wagon and I won't let you either!
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1 1-lb can of chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 1 avocado, deseeded
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/3 kale, rinsed, thin shreds
- 1/4 cup cilantro, rinsed, lightly packed, rough chop
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon Chosen Foods avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
I N S T R U C T I O N S
- Using a colander (strainer) rinse the chickpeas from the canned liquid with water until the water no longer creates bubbles. This allows you to remove as much sodium as possible.
- FYI: you can also soak your chickpeas overnight if preferred
- In the meantime, in a large mixing bowl, add the avocado, lemon juice, and lime juice. Using a fork, begin to smash the mixture leaving a few chunks!
- Add in chickpeas and continue to smash leaving a few chunks.
- Add in remaining ingredients and mix to combine.