BANANA CHOCOLATE CHIP + CAULIFLOWER MUFFINS
Snow day MUCH?
Try this delicious + nutritious recipe because it will definitely brighten your day!
I know what your thinking; cauliflower in muffins?!
Believe me, these muffins are AMAZING. This recipe is packed with fruits and veggies, whether you belive it or not. And to be honest, I can never eat just one. GUILTY. So the key to these muffins is to make sure you steam the cauliflower until it is very soft and puree, until it's smoooooth like butta'! You can choose to leave out the chocolate chips, but personally I love seeing these babys sprinkled on top. It just makes my heart happy! Also, I chose to use almond butter, but you could easily sub for sunflower butter or even make them nut free!
PS: make sure to to grease the pan with coconut oil to have no sticky problems and to get in that healthy fat. Let's get to cookin':
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup steamed cauliflower, cooled
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (reserve some to garnish muffins)
I N S T R U C T I O N S
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend oats in a food processor until they form a flour. Transfer to a mixing bowl and stir in cinnamon and salt.
- To the food processor: add cauliflower, banana, honey, almond butter and vanilla, and process until smooth.
- Add flour mixture and pulse in food processor just until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips, reserving a few tablespoons to garnish the muffins.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray. Scoop in batter to about 3/4 full. Top with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 15 minutes until muffins are set.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, or freeze.