DIY: FOR THE CAT LADY!
COCI CAT TREATS
If you don't know by now, I am a FULL BLOWN cat lady. whelp, now yoU do AND THERE ain't no shame in my cat game!
Akila, my cat, possibly has a better diet than Weston (my babe of a fiancé) and I do! She eats organic, has her fair share of coconut oil daily as well as her greens and minerals. Even her water is filtered! When it comes to her treats, I love to make them myself so I know EXACTLY what goes into it and EXACTLY what she is eating! Akila love's my Coci Cat Treats, and I'm sure your 4 legged loves will too!
Coci Cat Treats Ingredients:
- 2 medium size sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup gelatin powder
- 1/2 can (drained) tuna
- 1/2 can (drained) sardines
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Use a fork to mash everything together until evenly mixed and make sure all of the large pieces of fish and sweet potato are mashed up evenly. It's about to get smelly!
- You may need to add a little extra coconut flour if needed to get more of a dough, so that it's roughly like play dough.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and mash down with a fork to form little “cookies.”
- TIP: I like to make little "paws." You could use the end of any utensil for this!
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and the cookies let cool completely.
- Store in the refrigerator for several weeks or in the freezer for several months, for treats on treats on TREATS!
I hope your four legged babies LOVE these COCI CAT TREATS!
Tag me in you cat treat photos, @CodieCabral! I would love to see how they turned out and how your kitties liked 'em.
Peace + Love, Codie Cabral