DIY: SUGA' LIPS
This winter has been causing havoc on my lips. Most of this havoc is due to the crazy weather in NYC, we totally had the LONGEST WINTER EVER. When my lipstick started looking like a caked on crayon (literally) something needed to change, no bueno. MAYDAY! Instantly, I realized it was time for some serious exfoliation! Why spend $15 on a lip scrub when you can make it your self, for half the price?! This is where I come in....
This easy breezy lip scrub DIY recipe took me only 2 minutes to make and my lips (well, my fiancé) thanked me later. And by the way, I had all of the ingredients right in my kitchen cabinet (I'm sure you do too) which made this DIY that much more convenient.
Sugar Lip Scrub, Do it Yo'Self
- Sugar (regular, raw, or brown) 2 tbsp
- Coconut Oil 1 tsp
- Honey 1 tsp
Honestly, you could even just eyeball the ingredients. it's that simple.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl until well blended
- Apply a small amount of the mixture to your lips
- scrub mixture with your finger in a circular motion until the sugar dissolves completely
- Gently wipe off with a paper towel or lick off the excess, it is edible
- [The solid coconut oil may not dissolve completely which is perfectly fine, that will just add more moisture your lips will love]
Now give me some SUGA, SUGAR! Let me know how amazing your lips feel after this exfoliation. Thank me later!
Peace + Love,