4TH OF JULY SANGRIIIIIIA
ALL I SEE ARE FIREWORKS!
Are you getting ready to celebrate the 4th of July tomorrow? This sparkling red, white and blue sangria is super easy to make, full of fresh and delicious flavors, and it’s the perfect drink to celebrate the 4th of July!
I have a new recipe today that’s sure to also help make your holiday a little extra sparkling. It’s super easy to make. It’s fresh and sweet and delicious. And I’m pretty sure it’s guaranteed to be the hit of your patriotic party. Let’s make some sangria!
Sangria has long been my go-to cocktailfor the summer. It's perfect for entertaining crowds, partly because it’s basically the quickest and easiest drink to prepare for a large group, you can make it in advance, and it’s fabulous when made with cheap wine, and all of that floating fruit always makes for a a definite" Ooooohh and Aaaaaahh" from your guests! Do it yourself....
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 cup apple juice or white grape juice
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 bottle champagne (or any variety of sparkling white wine)
- 3-4 Granny Smith apples (*or see alternatives below)
- Stir together white wine, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and apple juice together in a large pitcher. Cover and refrigerate for 1-4 hours, so that the flavors can meld. [Heads up that the longer the mixture sits, the more red it will become.]
- When you’re ready to serve the sangria, gradually stir in the champagne and apples and ice. Serve immediately.
- *Other options for the “white” fruit could include fresh pears, jicama, pineapple or starfruit. If you would like the tiered red, white and blue presentation in individual glasses that I used, just add extra red berries to the bottom of empty serving glasses, followed by a layer of blueberries, then strain out the sangria wine, and add some apple stars on top.
Wishing you all an amazing 4th of July!
Peace + Love, Codie