Maca Cinnamon Raisin Oats
It's crazy to think that I've become the biggest sucker for a bowl of oats because I can remember when I was younger, I would (literally) cringe at the thought of A N Y T H I N G that would have to do with oats or oatmeal—solely due to texture. #newyearnewtastebuds #JK #ilikedoatslastyear Today, do N O T even get me started on a bowl of steel cut oats! I make it into a game to create fun, nutritious + new flavor profiles with every bowl of steel oats hott off the stove-top. #addicted
Pumping up your fiber, protein + iron O N E bowl at a time with steel cut oats will have you coming back for more and more! Here's a super quick + super delicious recipe to try to get your insides smiling, #eatbetterfeelbetter.
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill organic steel cut oats
- 1 ¼-2 cups water
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon Organic Burst maca powder
- ¼ cup Tempt hemp milk
- 2-3 tablespoons Wild Friends cinnamon raisin peanut butter
- 1-2 tablespoons chia + flax seed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
T O P P I N G S: frozen blackberries + raspberries, coconut flakes, cocoa nibs + drizzled with Bee Free Honee!
D I R E C T I O N S
- Combine oats + water, over medium heat, on the stove-top and cook oats normally.
- Once oats are about done—stir in egg white until it is fully + thoroughly combined and cooked through on low heat.
- S I D E N O T E: adding an egg white provides extra lean protein + creates a fluffy luscious oat texture—and no, you can NOT even taste it! #magic
- Add remaining ingredients + remove from heat.
- Top with all the goodies and E N J O Y!