CHOCOLATE HALO COOKIES
Does everyone keep asking you—have you started wrapping gifts? Have you finished all of your holiday shopping yet? Have you thought of what to buy the one person that just seems to be impossible to buy for? Have you picked out your holiday outfit yet? WHAT are you bringing for D'Anamas dinner?
If your answer was N-friggen-O to any of those questions—don't even sweat it, 'tis the season because we have THREE. MORE. DAYS. and trust me, you're not the only one still walking around the stores that has lines looping through the whole store!
And if you answered Y-E-oh-heck-S to ALL of the questions, wow. TEACH. MORE. YOUR. WAYS. because I'm somewhere in between needing to wrap everything under the sun to FINALLY figured out what to buy for the one person that has just about everything!
Have you figured out what cookies you're going to make and bring to the family party on D'Anamas Eve?
I've got a tasty little treat my little brother said, "even the kids will love this one D, it takes just like fruity pebbles without all of the EXTRA nonsense that our bodies don't need." Woo. I'm stoked to share this one with you ALL.
Let's get our booty's in the kitchen and get to baking these cookies! SO. EASY. SO. QUICK. SO. DELICIOUS. REAL. INGREDIENTS. CRISPY, YET CHEWY. NEED I SAY MORE? LET'S DO THIS THANG!
I N G R E D I E N T S—makes 1 dozen cookies
- 1 flax egg—1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 oranges, zested
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/3 cup organic gluten free rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 scoops SHWEY halo raw cacao + coconut protein superfood powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pink himalaya sea salt
- 1 cup marshmallows, vegan
I N S T R U C T I O N S
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Make flax egg—whisk together ground flax and water and let sit for 5-7 minutes until it coagulates.
- In the meantime, in a mixing bowl, add all of the dry ingredients except the marshmallows. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add all wet ingredients (including flax egg) and whisk together vigorously until the mixture resembles a caramel sauce consistency—I used my stand mixer and blended on medium speed until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and continue to mix until the dough begins to form and pull away from the edges of the bowl.
- Fold in marshmallows.
- OPTIONAL: allow cookie dough to sit for 10-15 minutes to allow the dry mixture a little more time to thoroughly absurd the wet ingredients to become more cohesive.
- Scoop ya' cookies onto the perviously lined baking sheet, place in oven, and allow cookies to cook for 12 minutes! Using a heatproof spatula, remove cookies from the baking sheet and place them onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Grab one, devour it, and enjoy!