TURKEY LETTUCE WRAPS
One cup, two cup, three cup, lettuce cup!
All jokes aside, I love me some lettuce cups. For real, for real. They are so extremely customizable, fun, messy, and packed them with SO. MUCH. nutrition! I'm addicted. This recipe that I'm about to share will have you thinking lettuce cups for dinner every 'dang day! I wish I was exaggerating. I'm not.
Who isn't down for a quick, flavorful, and easy as 1, 2, 3 recipe for those nights where you don't have time or don't know what to cook. I've got you covered. All you need to do is make sure you have the following spices and ingredients on-hand. I promise, it's not as hard as you're thinking or nearly as daunting as you're thinking. Relax. This is a fun one-pot recipe that I know you're going to dig!
If you try your hand at the recipe, let me know! I love to see what you all are cooking up in the kitchen. Share with me your photos, thoughts, and feedback! let's do this.
I N G R E D I E N T S—makes about 12-14 servings
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2-lb lean ground turkey meat
- 2 bundles of romaine hearts—or 2 heads butter lettuce
- 1/4 cup garlic, fresh, finely minced
- 1 large shallot, finely minced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely minced
- 1 red chili pepper, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons ginger, fresh, finely minced
- 4 limes, fresh, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 scoops Vital Proteins organic, free-range chicken bone broth collagen
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos
- shredded carrot
- shredded red cabbage
- nutritional yeast
- bean sprouts
- green onions
- flax seeds
- chia seeds
I N S T R U C T I O N S
- In a large sauté pan, over medium-heat, warm the avocado oil.
- Saute garlic, shallot, jalapeño pepper, red chili pepper, and ginger until fragrant.
- In the mean time, cut the bottom stems off of romaine hearts and rinse with cool water. Set aside to dry.
- To the large sauce pan, add ground turkey and begin to brown—making sure to break apart (crumble) the ground turkey using a flat turner.
- Add lime juice, chili powder, crushed red pepper flasks, turmeric, black pepper, chicken bone broth collagen, and continue to cook.
- Add in liquid aminos and continue to brown the turkey meat is fully cooked. Allow mixture to simmer on low, once all the ingredients are mixed in, for 5 minutes to allow all flavors to combine.
- To serve, spoon about 1/4 cup of turkey meat mixture into the center of the romaine leaf, taco-style.
- Add in the toppings of your choice. Serve it up! Enjoy.