Basil Mint Pesto
Pesto, pesto + more pesto! We love pesto. It's so versatile and quick to whip up + you can interchange any of the herbs, nuts, and cheeses to make it more tailored to you own preferences! I N G R E D I E N T S — makes about 2 cups!
- ¼ cup raw pine nuts
- ¼ cup raw walnuts
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 cups basil, fresh, lightly packed
- 1 cup mint, fresh, lightly packed
- 1 cup flat leaf-parsley, fresh, lightly packed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup pecorino-romano
D I R E C T I O N S
- Do not over think it (it really is so simple) measure out everyday thing as directed and get your food processor ready!
- *Side note: I do not own a "food processor" so I simply used my NutriBullet and it worked just fine—only difference is I did not "stream" in the oil as a typical pesto recipe would tell you to.
- Blend the pine nuts, walnuts + garlic for (literally) 15-20 seconds until finely chopped.
- Add the rest of your ingredients as list + blend for at least 1 minute or until fully combined—it should be smooth, no chunks + vibrant green!
- If you're NutriBullet gets a little stuck, simply add 1 tablespoon or 2 more of coconut oil.
- Once it's reached the desired consistency, set aside.
- Ps, if you have extra . . . . . . pesto freezes beautifully + you can use it for future dishes!