Chocolate Pumpkin Hemp Protein Bliss Balls
Did someone say it was NATIONAL C H O C O L A T E DAY . . . . . . . ?
They sure did and what better way to #celebrate than with something nutritious + super delicious? I've been making different versions of what we call "bliss balls" since freshman year of college and I canNOT get enough! Today, in honor of #NationalChocolateDay, I gave these little bad boys a whirl + not to toot my own horn, but (TOOT TOOT) these are killer. Deadly! And they have hemp protein? I'm obsessed and these are officially a b s o l u t e l y in my #top5 F A V O R I T E bliss balls of all.
Not to mention, you can pretty much snack on these little bites of bliss A N Y time of any day! Before a workout, after lunch before dinner, midnight snack OR even eat a few with breakfast? L I V E A L O T, have fun with them!
Ps, all you need are the ingredients + a NutriBullet! (or a magic bullet, blender or food processor)
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1 cup old fashion oats
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup goji berries
- ¼ cup shredded coconut (or coconut flakes)
- ½ cup Wild Friend's Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter (*this stuff right here is the bee's knees)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil, softened (or melted)
D I R E C T I O N S
- Combine all ingredients together in your mixer of choice, I used my NutriBullet.
- S I D E N O T E: I try to add my liquid in last with my NutriBullet solely to alleviate the blade getting jammed or stuck from all the dry ingredients!
- Pulse until all of the ingredients are incorporated but are still able to see chunks of oats within and such—*we do not want a blended mush, no no!
- Begin to roll the mix into balls + place onto a parchment lined tray.
- Place the tray into the freezer for 1-2 hours just to allow the bliss balls to firm up.
- Once frozen, I like to pop the little bites into a tupperware container and keep them chilled in the refrigerator—they'll stay good for about 5-7 days if kept in the refrigerator!
- E N J O Y!