Maple Almond Cookies
There's no chance we're about to catch those Monday blues on this rainy day! No way, no how. I will not let it. It's been raining for over a week and a half straight here and this weather has so quickly made my furry little cheetah blanket (while sitting on the couch) seem the perfect little P A R A D I S E with palm trees swaying in a brisk little breeze, lol, I wish I was kidding . . . . . . But E N O U G H of that, one day of slumping it is more than enough because as I was scrolling through my Instagram feed I spotted something that immediately got me up + in the kitchen! M A J O R *thanks to @rachlmansfield for inspiring me to recreate her paleo Maple Almond Cookies! I was instantly drooling when I laid eyes on those little beauties and knew I had to get my hands on a batch myself and boy OH boy, am I glad I did! #EatBetterFeelBetter
@rachlmansfiled is someone I've been following and admiring on Instagram now for a few months, since this past summer to be exact—she is #GOALS—check out her Instagram page, blog, and everything in between to drool over her creations + inspiring "oat porn" because it's ALL absolutely incredible! #we'retotallyfriendsinmyhead
Here's my take on her super quick + super super yummy *paleo cookie recipe!
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 1 flax egg — 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 cup Justin's maple almond butter
- 2 tablespoons BEE FREE HONEE
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1½ teaspoon vanilla
D I R E C T I O N S
- Create your flax egg: in a small bowl, combine ground flaxseed + water, stir, and set aside until the mixture fully coagulated—this typically takes about 5-7 minutes!
- Preheat oven to 350OF.
- In a food processor or *NutriBullet, pulse together the maple almond butter, bee free honee and coconut oil for about 30 seconds.
- Once your flax egg is coagulated, add to mixture and pulse again.
- Dump mixture into a mixing bowl, I plopped mines into my KitchenAid.
- Add coconut flour, baking powder, coconut sugar and vanilla extract. Blend until dough consistency.
- Shape cookie dough into about 1 tablespoon balls and place onto a parchment sheet tray.
- S I D E N O T E: after forming the balls, I rolled a few separately in shredded coconut, a few in coconut sugar blonde + kept a few plain for Blu.
- Place into oven for about 6-8 minutes, or until gold brown.
- E N J O Y!