Brussels Sprouts Salad
Brussels sprouts have to (most certainly) be amongst the T O P 20 things that make me H A P P Y. Like actually, genuinely + sincerely, happy from the inside out. Is that weird?Either way, lol, they make me + my insides happy little bees! Not to mention the nutritional value that they're packing, always, especially when kept R A W. It's packed with protein, digestive-regulating fiber, and 20 essential vitamins and minerals! Talk about a little superfood packed dish, woo! Brussels contain (just to name a few) vitamin A, C, E, K + folate, calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, copper, selenium and manganese.
Holy bundle of B E A U T I F U L nutrition. I'm so in love with this delicious little joyful vegetable because, although some may protest, it's simply a nutrition powerhouse. #FactsOnly
Here's a quick + scrumptious little *raw recipe that I've been making so much lately!
I N G R E D I E N T S
For brussels sprouts salad:
- ½ pound brussels spruouts, rinsed, keep raw
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1-2 pomegranates, deseeded (check out this helpful video)
- ¼ cup hemp hearts, here
For vinaigrette: *I doubled this!
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 lemon, zested + juiced
- ¼ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1-2 tablespoons cilantro, fine chop
- 1 teaspoon wheatgrass
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- Pinch of salt + pepper
D I R E C T I O N S
- Gather and prepare all ingredients as directed.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a mandolin (here), shred the brussels sprouts using the ¼ inch setting. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the vinaigrette ingredients E X C E P T oil + whisk.
- While whisking, slowly add the grapeseed oil until the vinaigrette is emulsified.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the brussels sprouts mix and toss to coat evenly!
- E N J O Y!