Herb + Honey Glazed Stuffed Chicken Breast
As I said before and will continue to say until the end of time, when I cook for clients I’m simply trying to make their insides smile as big and as bright as their outsides. Easily keeping everything on #fleek + nutritiously sound for all realms of life. I’m a firm believer of the saying: you are what you eat—because 100% you are E X A C T L Y what you eat. No questions asked (despite our different metabolisms) we are the outcome of *exactly every little thing we put into our bodies. BBQ lays potato chips, double stuffed oreo’s, sautéed peppers + onions, tofu, cheese puffs, smoothie bowls, or even luscious plum gummy bears . . . . . . . . I mean, you get my point.
This week, one of my clients special requested my stuffed chicken breasts and, of course, their wish was my command! HOWever (as always) I decided to stealth health my way into incorporating more nutritious greens than they even knew they would be consuming, let alone “liked.” #you'llthankmelater
I N G R E D I E N T S
- ½ LB boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ¼ cup spinach
- ¼ cup dandelion greens
- ¼ cup kale
- ¼ cup watercress
- ¼ beet greens
- 2 tablespoon of each: dried basil, parsley, oregano, tarragon, rosemary, and dill weed.
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1-2 teaspoon salt + pepper
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup organic honey
D I R E C T I O N S
- Rinse each chicken breast off with cool water.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line your cutting board fully with a piece of plastic wrap, place one chicken breast in the middle of the cutting board + cover with another piece of plastic wrap.
- Using a meat tenderizer (here) start tenderizing the chicken breast—basically, hammer gently but with enough force to "flatten" out the chicken breast. Continue this process with each piece of chicken.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine + toss the greens together. In a small mixing bowl, combine + toss all of the seasonings together—do you smell that? #aromasONaromasONaromas #heaven #myfave!
- Once you have tenderized each chicken breast, lay them in a straight line on the cutting board. Sprinkle each chicken breast (sparingly with the spice mix—just enough to give them a little flavor extra flavor on the inside.)
- Place a thin layer of greens + sprinkle about 1-2 T of cheddar cheese upon each breast.
- Starting from the bottom end of each chicken breast, roll from the bottom end to the top end making sure not to lose the filling along the way, but still forming a tight roll—it's kind of like rolling a burrito, kinda.
- S I D E N O T E: I find it easiest if I roll away from me rather than towards me from top to bottom!
- Once rolled, place the enclosed part on the bottom of a foiled lined sheet tray.
- Drizzle each stuffed chicken breast with organic honey—I used a spoon to spread + ensure the each breast was fully covered with a thin layer of honey.
- Season each breast with the remaining spices.
- Place the sheet tray in the oven for 12-15 minutes, each breast will become a beautiful golden brown color once fully cooked. #GORG
- Remove from oven, let cool + E N J O Y!