Sweet Potato Pie Oats
Sweet potato pie oats to the R E S C U E post kicking workout Wednesday in the booty! I mean, #workoutWednesday on a Saturday. #got2getitin Yes, I know it's Saturday, but sometimes the week gets a little hectic for me + today just happened to be the day that I finally stopped it all and killed Lauren's #workoutwednesday!
Replenishing your body with subtle proteins after your workout is vital—*MAJOR key alert.
For me a bowl of steel-cut oats is my right hand, my go-to + especially when it tastes like your Dad's sweet potato pie on Thanksgiving!
Do it. You 'gotta!
I N G R E D I E N T S
- ½ large sweet potato
- 1/3 cup Bob’s Red Mill organic steel cut oats
- 1 ¼-2 cups water
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ¼ cup Siggi's Dairy vanilla filmjölk, drinkable yogurt
- ½ large scoop Vega Sport protein powder
- 2 tablespoons Salbachia chia seed
T O P P I N G S: fresh organic blackberries, coconut flakes, pitted medjool dates + drizzles of local organic raw honey! #winning
D I R E C T I O N S
- Rough chop the sweet potato into ¼ size pieces.
- In a Ninja, this is the one I use, purée the sweet potato pieces until they're silky smooth. Hold
- Combine oats + water, over medium heat, on the stove-top and cook oats normally.
- Once oats are about done—stir in egg white until it is fully + thoroughly combined and cooked through on low heat.
- S I D E N O T E: adding an egg white provides extra lean protein + creates a fluffy luscious oat texture—and no, you can NOT even taste it! #magic
- Add remaining ingredients + remove from heat.
- Top with all the goodies and E N J O Y!